Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Licensing flow

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Licensing flow
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:22:59 -0400

>  *    This material is licensed to you strictly for use in conjunction with
>  *    the use of COPS LocalTalk adapters.

>  *      Authors:
>  *      - Jay Schulist <address@hidden>

> Opinions?
> The driver work together this firmware, but is *seems* not free.

The question that comes to mind is if it is OK to (1) use the firmware
in situations not involving the use of COPS LocalTalk adapters, (2)
distribute the firmware for such situations, (3) modify the firmware for
such situations, and (4) distribute such modifications.  If Mr. Schulist
cannot say that it is OK for all four situations, then the firmware is
non-free.  You might ask him, but given the language above, I think we
already have our answer: no.

Thanks for your work on the license flow--I will study it.