Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV section names maintenance problem

From: crap0101
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV section names maintenance problem
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 01:19:08 +0100

hi!
For the next sections we can use a string type like ones posted by Karl,
or is better to decide an unique string-type?

bye,
marco

        http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-Linux-2.6.24-Drivers-Dma

        > i think this has to many -
        > perhaps something like Ubuntu710-Linux2624-DriversDma or
        > UbuntuHardy-Linux2624-DriversDma .

        Yes, too many hyphens do make it ugly, and in my previous
        example I
        erroneously included periods which I think are forbidden.  OTOH,
        the
        price you pay at first will be helpful later to scripting--e.g.,
        from
        something like http://Ubuntu710-Linux-2_6_24-Drivers-Dma a
        script could,
        for example, *easily* deduce that the relevant directory is
        linux-2.6.24/drivers/dma