Re: [gNewSense-users] Documentation

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Documentation
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:28:59 +0000

Mark,

This looks like a good structure to start with.

Personally, I would like coverage of the following, but this is just me :-):

1. Installing gNewSense
>>>  Partitioning using multiple disks (Advanced section?)
    2. Introduction to the desktop environment
            1. GNOME
            2. KDE
>>>   3.  Othe desktops/ window managers, for lower spec machines
(fvwm/ wmaker/etc)
    3. Basic Settings
            1. Users
            2. Networking and Internet
                    1. Dialup
                    2. LAN and Broadband
                    3. WAN ?
    4. Using gNewSense
            1. The Internet
                    1. Browsing the Internet
                    2. Emails
                    3. Instant Messaging
            2. Productivity
                    1. OpenOffice.org
                    2. The GIMP
>>>            3.  Importing photos from a USB attached camera?
            3. Adding and Removing Programs
>>>            1.  Using dselect. apt-get and then GUI add/remove apps
            4. Changing the Appearance of gNewSense
                    1. Desktop
                    2. Screensavers
                    3. Themes
>>> Security hardening....use of Bastille and then Tiger.

They are things off the top of my head.  As it's a wiki, we can always
come up with more later, but it's a good idea to map as much as we
can, to start with.

Cheers,

Chris.