[gNewSense-users] PFV- Activity table.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] PFV- Activity table.
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:10:56 +0100

Hi, all.

As you will have seen on the list recently, I have been trying to get
a script written, in-order to track progress with PFV checking.

Markus was good enough to volunteer, and rapidly generated a script
that allowed us all to easily see where any bottlenecks may exist.

The script is written in Perl and looks at all PFV work that is
incomplete and hasn't been worked on for over 28 days.

The output can be found here:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain

All of the information is centred around the date in the last column
of the Packages/ MAIN table.  This date should indicate when the
section maintainer last worked on that particular section.

If this date has not been updated each time you do some work, then
unfortunately it may force the script to misinterpret what you have
done.  Basically, make sure that when you do some PFV work, the table
is updated.

The table that has been generated will allow us to see if any hold-ups
exist.  If you notice that somebody hasn't had a chance to finish a
section, then it would be really good if you could message that
person, and see if they need any help.  I suspect the list will
shorten very quickly, when people update the table.

Markus created the script, but shouldn't be criticised for any output
it creates....he's just the messenger.

I would like this table to be updated at least weekly (probably
Sunday).  Also the script needs to be published on the wiki, and we
need some notes writing-up, to explain usage.  VOLUNTEER/S NEEDED.

As I said, the aim of this exercise, is to make sure we concentrate
our efforts on helping out people that are struggling to find as much
time as they'd like, to work on gNS.

Big thanks to Markus.

cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/