[gNewSense-users] Hardy Heron release April 2008.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Hardy Heron release April 2008.
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:22:47 +0100

Hi, all.

Hardy Heron is the next LTS release of Ubuntu.  It is due to hit the
streets in April 2008.

We are getting closer to MAIN being 100% checked and following
communication with Brian, I have an idea of the (big bit of) work to
be done next.

It goes without saying, that we will never be 100% happy, before the
next release, but that doesn't mean that we can't try to plan the
work, a little.

With this in mind I was wondering whether it would be possible to have
an area on the wiki where we can plan a time-line, and some goals or
milestones, that we'd like to achieve.

This will need an entry on the current Projects page

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/CurrentProjects

and then some thought given to the best way forward.

We need someone to take the lead on this.  Obviously Brian has the
final say on what goes on, but input from all of us (and output) is
essential.  The person that volunteers to take the lead, will ideally
be supported by a deputy.  It is not necessary to have project
management experience, as the objective is to co-ordinate our efforts
and outputs, anything more is a bonus.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/ comments/ feedback to be sent to the
list, so that we can decide on a way forward.  Another option is to do
nothing :-(.

Thanks for listening.

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/