[gNewSense-users] Should I close bug 00123?

From: Peter Rock
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Should I close bug 00123?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:47:55 +0800

See here...

http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00123

The more I think about it, the restriction is so vague that I don't
see how anyone could be found infringing simply through distribution.
Here's why...

What is a "product"?

If I make a copy of RPC and then give it to my friend, I can call it a
product - even if I give it gratis. Hell, I could say "it is a product
I'm using in order to build my friendship with another."

IANAL however. Is there some accepted international definition of
"product" that I should be aware of thus making my "product for
friendship" defense bogus? If not, maybe the bug I filed should be
closed? I hope someone can help here. I don't want to close a bug that
ends up causing problems in the future, but now I'm not sure I see
that I should have filed it in the first place.