Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Inroducing myself

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Inroducing myself
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 22:55:36 +0200

Op Mon, 05 Jun 2017 16:10:59 +0200
schreef address@hidden:

> Hi all, my name is Daniel. I would like to help gNewSense so I tell
> you some about me. I have been working as programmer using not free
> tools such as Microsoft Visual Basic but in my spare time I've
> learned myself Gnu/Linux, Bash and a little bit python coding. I've
> participated in some  translations proyects and resolving doubts
> (macro referred mostly) at LibreOffice. Ok, I'm expecting your
> comments telling if I were good enough to help in this area. If not I
> would appreciate sugestions...

Welcome. If you want to help with code then your Bash knowledge will
come in handy to work on Builder [1]. It's also useful to familiarize
yourself with packaging [2] (install package maint-guide if you want to
dive deeper). Also, for the gen-scripts in Builder it can be convenient
to use sed commands.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.

[1] http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/builder/files
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/Processes/Packaging