[Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)

From: Paul Boddie
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 19:03:29 +0200

Hello,

I was looking at various "libre" distributions a while ago, and gNewSense was
one I briefly evaluated:

http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2016-July/011088.html

It seemed that there is now a certain amount of re-architecting going on to
make new gNewSense releases easier, but I don't see so much progress on the
more prominent sites associated with the project.

I'm interested in trying to build a minimal gNewSense archive for mipsel, but
I'm not sure where to start and what future work might need doing so that a
recent Debian release can be transformed for this purpose.

Another thing I noticed was that the project wiki is very slow. On that topic,
I can perhaps offer some advice and maybe some assistance if that is
desirable.

Thanks for reading!

Paul