[Gnewsense-dev] cleaned section in Parkes.yaml

From: dww
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] cleaned section in Parkes.yaml
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 23:08:02 -0400

Hello all, Sam

I investigated the list of packages in the cleaned section Parkes.yaml
with Wheezy source. Next to the package name I indicated yes if fixed in
Wheezy, no if not and commented where there were complications. Sam, you
may want to respond to those comments.

Dennis

# = cleaned =
# Packages that have their freedom issue fixed in gNewSense but not
upstream.
cleaned:
    # For the `info' key, replace `null' with a short description of
    # the bug.
    autoconf: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    autoconf2.59: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    autoconf2.64: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    apt: no
         # fsf apt
         bug_ref: *fsf
         id: apt
         info: null

    apt-setup: no
         # savannah 39746
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 39746
         info: null

    bacula: yes
         # savannah 34578
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 34578
         info: null

    batik:  I believe yes based on the changes in debian/new-upstream in
Wheezy, you may want to double check,
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/batik/batik_1.7
+dfsg-3.debian.tar.gz

         # savannah 34579
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 34579
         info: null

    cairomm: no
         # savannah 40187
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40187
         info: null

    cfitsio3: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    claws-mail: no
         # savannah 37889
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 37889
         info: null

    db4.6: not in Wheezy
         # savannah 29840
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 29840
         info: null

    db4.7: appears no, I guess you have not heard from Oracle about
mt19937db.c yet about upgrading the Artistic licenxe
         # savannah 29840
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 29840
         info: null

    db4.8: same as db4.7
         # savannah 29840
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 29840
         info: null

    db5.1 was added in Wheezy same issue as db4.7 and db4.8.

    debian-faq: apparently no, I found no
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/packages-parkes/debian-faq/
page as indicated in the debian/control file.
         # savannah 37992
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 37992
         info: null

    doc-linux:  I cannot find the doc-linux package in Wheezy or the
name of the package that contains the content but I presume it is not
fixed.
         # savannah 40741
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40741
         info: null

    doc-linux-hr: no
         # savannah 40741
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40741
         info: null

    doc-linux-it: gone in Wheezy
         # savannah 40741
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40741
         info: null

    doc-linux-ja: no
         # savannah 40741
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40741
         info: null

    doc-linux-pl: no
         # savannah 40741
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40741
         info: null

    doc-linux-fr was updated in Wheezy, so it will need to be fixed if
it builds.

    enscript: no
         # savannah 35885
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 35885
         info: null

    fop: no
         # savannah 35790
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 35790
         info: null

    freetype: no
         # savannah 40193
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40193
         info: null

    glibmm2.4: no
         # savannah 40188
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40188
         info: null

    gtkmm2.4: no
         # savannah 40185
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40185
         info: null

    icedove: no
         # savannah 39512, pits 293
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 39512
         info: null

    iceweasel: no, but I did not quite understand the discussion in the
bug, is there a direct patch to getting icecat?
         # savannah 28177
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 28177
         info: null

    kde4libs: no
         # savannah 37974
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 37974
         info: null

    kdebase: no appears to be in kde-baseapps in Wheezy
         # savannah 33695, savannah 39678
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: [39054, 39678]
         info: null

    kdenetwork: no
         # savannah 33989
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 33989
         info: null

    lensfun: no, file is now in /lensfun-0.2.5/build/tibs/
         # savannah 41007
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41007
         info: null

    liferea: no, but they moved the location of the browser list in
code.
         # savannah 33639
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 33639
         info: null

    linux-2.6: no, Wheezy is on linux-3.2 so I am sure it will have to
be cleaned.
         # ?
         bug_ref: null
         id: null
         info: null

    linux-latest-2.6: no, Wheezy is on linux-3.2 so I am sure it will
have to be cleaned.
         # savannah 38001
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 38001
         info: null

    live-build: yes, as far as I can determine
         # savannah 38898
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 38898
         info: null

    mplayer: no
         # savannah 38676
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 38676
         info: null

    objcryst-fox: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    openbox-themes: no, also Artistic License 2.0 needs to be added to
base-files
         # savannah 39630
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 39630
         info: null

    openoffice.org: no
         # savannah 29884
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 29884
         info: null

    pangomm: no
         # savannah 40186
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 40186
         info: null

    perl-tk: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    psutils: yes
         # savannah 35791
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 35791
         info: null

    screenlets: Wheezy did a fix by adding text to debian/copyright
however that did not fix the upstream LICENSE file.
         # savannah 32239
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 32239
         info: null

    sip4-qt3: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    tcl8.4: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    tcl8.5: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    tk8.4: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    tk8.5: no
         # savannah 41046
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: 41046
         info: null

    texlive-extra: looks like the non free fonts are gone (30988), but I
could not find a Debian bug for it that indicates it was fixed, however,
looks like the IEEEtran.bst file is still installed (39679) and still
refers to the Artistic 1.0 license.
         # savannah 30988, savannah 39679
         bug_ref: *sv
         id: [30988, 39679]