[Gnewsense-dev] Aurora 0.2.0 released

From: Felipe López
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Aurora 0.2.0 released
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:10:59 -0500

Hi,

I just released Aurora 0.2.0 for gNewSense 4. The following is a summary of
the changes in this version.

    * Added aurora-icon-theme package.
      The icon themes were renamed from gnewsense and gnewsense-light to
      aurora and aurora-light.
    * Added gnome-aurora-theme package.
      The theme installed is the same provided in Aurora v.0.1.0, I just
      packaged it.
    * Added aurora-backgrounds package.
      It provides scalable backgrounds and high resolution images for common
      aspect ratios (4:3, 5:3, 16:9) that can be reused by desktop
      environments and other components of the system.
    * Added grub-aurora-theme package.
      Currently, it only provides a splash image for GRUB, but will add a
      complete theme in the future.
    * Updated documentation to reflect the changes.

So, basically, I'm learning here how to package. Hopefully, this will help
me learn more to contribute directly to gNewSense repository in Savannah.

The current packages don't set GConf nor other configuration values to
activate Aurora automatically. They just install the data. To try them out,
read the documentation:

    http://gnsaurora.readthedocs.org/en/v.0.2.0/

Packages are available for download:

    https://bitbucket.org/sirgazil/aurora/downloads