Re: [Gnewsense-dev] RFC: Translations

From: gNewSense Live user
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] RFC: Translations
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 06:54:00 +0800

> >         I believe the language code in the widget is currently limited
> >         to 2
> >         letters.
> >
> > Yes, the widget is limited to ISO 639-1 (2 letter codes) [1]. But I
> > can
> > update it to accept zh_TW, pt_BR, etc.
> >
> > I'll start updating it right now if no one opposes. So what do you
> > say?
>
> May I know how you will update it to accept characters like zh_TW and
> pt_BR?

More precisely, may I know how will you update the translations widget
to accept two different but similar translations? For example, zh_TW and
zh_CN. Changing the limitation of language codes in the widget from 2
letters to 5 letters? Or use tw and cn respectively? For me, I prefer
the later one. I'd like to know your idea too.

Thanks.