Re: [Gnewsense-dev] introduction

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] introduction
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 23:13:33 +0200

Op Mon, 2 Sep 2013 02:40:31 -0500
schreef richard hinojosa <address@hidden>:

> Hello my name is Richard and I am new to programming. I've taken a
> logic and intro programming class at my local community college. I
> want to learn more and decided to join an open source project. I
> decided on helping this project because of your adherence to the free
> software model. I feel it is very important to spread the ideas of
> free software and its benefits. I am new to software development and
> need some help getting started. I am working a full time job at the
> moment but I feel I can dedicate some of my evenings and weekends to
> helping the project.

Welcome to our community. I hope you'll have fun here and learn a
little while you're at it. You might have already read our community
guidelines [1].

I guess you'd like to get your hands dirty on technical work (rather
than documentation, translation, ...). I updated our list of easy bugs
a bit [2]. If you don't have any experience with packaging I recommend
you read our packaging guide [3] and have a look at some of the
packages we've already modified [4] (apt-get source is your friend).

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

[1]
http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/3/AboutgNewSense/WhatIsgNewSense#Community_Guidelines
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/DevelopmentTeam/EasyBugs
[3] http://www.gnewsense.org/Packaging