Re: [Gnewsense-dev] closing tickets

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] closing tickets
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:25:03 +0200

Op Mon, 12 Aug 2013 16:49:59 -0400
schreef Troye J <address@hidden>:

> Where is the address for the source repo so that I can start looking
> at some code?

I updated our wiki page about VCS [1].

> How can I get involved with the project as a developer?
>
> I know how to package debs and I can read code verify bugs and even
> fix a few of them.

Great. It goes like this:

a) pick a bug [2],
b) hack on the relevant package [3],
c) send us a patch (this mailing list),
d) receive my eternal gratitude. :)

> I read the Gnewsense site but it is very watered down in terms of
> information.

Known issue. Hoping to spend more time on that soon. You can help with
that too if you want: updating user docs to 3.0, removing old cruft (if
it really serves no purpose anymore), translations, grammar,
spelling, ... Or tell us where on the website you were looking for
answers, but did not find the information. Someone who does know the
answers might get the urge to write them down.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/DevelopmentTeam/Bazaar
[2] http://bugs.gnewsense.org/
[3] http://www.gnewsense.org/Packaging