[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing)
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 05:16:52 -0400

    For my 'gnu-doc' package, I plan to use the 'bfd.info' file released
    in gdb-7.1 source code, which is more recent than binutils-2.20.1 one.
    Do you think it is a problem to include latest versions of GNU
    documentation in 'gnu-doc' package, while GNU software available in
    gNewSense metad is older?

It would be better to use the manuals that correspond to the programs
in gNewSense.

It would be nice to update gNewSense based on the latest versions,
but if that isn't done, it is best to use the older versions' manuals.