Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense on Lemote YeeLoong for Absolute Beginners

From: Kim Hawtin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense on Lemote YeeLoong for Absolute Beginners
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:14:21 +0930

hi,

Karl wrote:
Cato wrote:
That message was sent to the wrong recipient. It should go Kim
directly, not to the gNewSense mailing list.

No, it was meant to go to the list, so you both saw it (and anyone else
interested in helping knows its an option).

so, i have been making some suggestion to Cato about his doco.
texinfo isn't as weird as i remembered, although rather full of syntax glue, feels like a remnant of the hypertext link craze days.

Your mail, on the other hand, was probably not meant to be landing on
the list :)

its probably a good idea to let folks know that various bits of doco are in development. publishing it to the list that a major/minor revision is being release.

i don't know if you guys want or need all the background discussion on the list or not.

Karl wrote:
Cato wrote:
Kim wrote:
Cato Auestad wrote:
Awesome!
Yes its good to see documentation being written =)
Thanks, it seems like a somewhat unwanted job.
As always *heh*.
I can edit the document and send you the diff out put, but I
think we should discuss some of the changes rather than just
applying them.
Yes, I would appreciate it if you sent both the diff output and
your modified version.
Perhaps you two should take this to a bzr branch.

yes i have been thinking about how to maintain documentation with a number of authors. sometimes a wiki isn't the right way, but a nice place to put the final version for a major/minor release.

you probably don't want new folks stumbling upon a draft mid-edit with conflicting directives...

regards,

kim