Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense on Lemote YeeLoong for Absolute Beginners

From: Cato Auestad
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense on Lemote YeeLoong for Absolute Beginners
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 06:58:31 +0200

Discard the last email, that wasn't supposed to be on the mailing list.

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Cato Auestad <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Kim Hawtin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Cato,

Cato Auestad wrote:
Awesome!

Yes its good to see documentation being written =)
Thanks, it seems like a somewhat unwanted job.

Attached is the Texinfo source (gns.texi), the PDF output (gns.pdf) and a compressed file containing HTML outputs from the texi file.

Nice work.

Texinfo looked much harder than it really is at a first glimpse.

Looking forward to your feedback!

My first question, and please do not be offended, is English your first language?
No offence taken! English is not my first language. My first language is norwegian.

If not, thats ok, you've done a nice job, but if so, you have an unusual  writing style ;) Not that I am a literary genius by any measure. Im just happy I can help.

Yeah, I have no doubt about that. The fact that english is not my first language problably affect my writing style. I also suffer from somewhat insomnia so most of what has been written has been fueled by small amounts of energy, which again problably have some kind of effect on the text as well.

I have started reading through, it looks good so far.
I have a few suggestions on small wording changes and re-ordering of sentences.

How would you like me to send suggested changes?
If there is any spesific part you want to comment, then write it in a mail so we can discuss it.

I can edit the document and send you the diff out put, but I think we should discuss some of the changes rather than just applying them.
Yes, I would appreciate it if you sent both the diff output and your modified version.

regards,

Kim
Cato.