[Gnewsense-dev] Strangeness with gnome-app-install

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Strangeness with gnome-app-install
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 04:21:21 -0500

I tried running gnome-app-install, and got strange results.

First, it popped up a small window saying "Checking installed and
available applications" which has a message that talks about Debian.
The mention of Debian here seems like a bug, a minor one.

To test it, I tried installing 20k lightyears, the first package
listed.  It said there were 8 package to install, and warned me
that some of them could not be authenticated.

I then tried `apt-get install lightyears', and it said it would
install 3 packages.  It did say they were not authenticated.

Why the difference, 3 packages or 8?  That seems like a bug too.

And why is it that some packages in our repository are not
authenticated?