Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Status of Document "About gNewSense"

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Status of Document "About gNewSense"
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 17:04:14 -0500

El dom, 16-08-2009 a las 21:27 +0200, Zach Oglesby escribió:
> Quoting Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo <address@hidden>:
>
> > Following is the current status of this project[1]:
> >
> > 1. Open the project for the document (Done)
> > 2. Propose the structure (In progress)
> > 3. Define the final structure
> > 4. Propose the content
> > 5. Write a draft
> > 6. Revise and improve
> > 7. Convert the final document to DocBook if necessary
> > 8. Commit it to gNewSense in Savannah
> >
> > I think we can start to submit proposals for the structure of this
> > document.
> >
> > I already put my proposal in the page of the project.
> >
> > 1. http://wiki.gnewsense.org/DocumentationProjects/AboutgNewSense
>
> I already made a note on the wiki, but this looks good to me, I think
> we should actually work out of the repo and not the wiki so we can
> keep the formatting easier (plus I would rather use emacs, the a
> browser).
>
> Also an additional step would be get it packaged and added to gNS. Its
> no good it we write and it never makes it into the OS.

Ok, then I'd change the steps for this project in particular to:

1. Open the project (Done)
2. Make directory for the project in the repository
3. Define the structure in DocBook (In progress)
4. Write a draft
5. Revise and improve
6. Package final document and add it to gNS

For steps 3 to 5 we commit changes directly to the repository.

If you think this steps are ok I will change the Task list in the
project page to reflect this changes.