Re: [Gnewsense-dev] wifi on the lemote

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] wifi on the lemote
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:57:34 +0000

Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:

What about the wifi on the Lemote?

It doesn't function on mine but I thought it was because I removed some
stuff.
Then samgee on #gnewsense told me its wifi didn't function too and that
maybe Lemote devs forgot to compile/install the wifi driver.

I don't know and I would like some feedback from you if it's possible.

Thanks.

lspci should show you that it is an
atheros wireless chipset

if this is the case you need to get the driver or one of the latest kernels - not having the hardware I have no idea as yet if it is something as simple as a switch or something way more complex

it appears to have gnome attached so you should be able to check it in network manager

Cheers
P.