Re: [Gnash] Gnash configure script ignores command line arguments

From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash configure script ignores command line arguments
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:04:55 -0200

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:49:00 -0400
Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:

> strk wrote:

>   Please file a bug report on this. At one time this did work correctly,
> but obviously it doesn't now. While we do have the workaround
> documented, I should just fix it... Please use the "build" category when
> filing a bug report.
>
>       - rob -

I tested it against gnash-0.8.1 and against the latest CVS (as of
Novermber 1st, around 17h34 GMT).

In both cases, running ./configure without options errors out because
the KDE development components are missing.

In gnash-0.8.1, the message is

        ERROR: No KDE development package installed!
               Reconfigure with --disable-kparts and/or
               omit 'kde' from the guis listed with --enable-gui=...
               or install the KDE development environment from http://kde.org
               or .deb users: apt-get install kdelibs-dev
               or .rpm users: yum install <something-else>.

This message is wrong. --disable-kparts does not solve the problem.

In gnash from CVS, the message is

ERROR: No KDE development package installed!
               Reconfigure using --enable-gui=...
               to choose a different gui
               or install the KDE development environment from http://kde.org
               or .deb users: apt-get install kdelibs-dev
               or .rpm users: yum install <something-else>.

The message is correct, but could be more didactic, and maybe the script
should simply choose gtk by default.

A more didactic message would be

ERROR: No KDE development package installed!
        To disable the KDE gui,
        reconfigure using --enable-gui=<list-of-guis>
        and ommit "kde" from the list.
        When the option --enable-gui=... is ommited,
        the default behavior is that of --enable-gui=kde,gtk
        To be able to build the kde gui,
        install the KDE development environment from http://kde.org
        or .deb users: apt-get install kdelibs-dev
        or .rpm users: yum install <something-else>.

Do you want me to file a bug report? Against 0.8.1 or cvs or both?