Re: [Gnash] Re: Gnash Video Codecs?

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Gnash Video Codecs?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:26:37 +0100

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 12:49:15PM -0800, John Dowdell wrote:

> One other point, as long as I've delurked: The concern about Gnash that
> I see among people working with SWF is the risk to predictable
> clientside capability.

Speaking of which... what do you think about this bug:

See comment #5 and original submission for reference.
Should Flash developers predict success or failure for that code ?
A function-scoped variable available outside of it's context ?
Where is that documented ?

Answering these kind of questions might help reducing the concerns.

--strk;