Re: [Gnash] [OT?] Gnash and NSPlugin comparison

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] [OT?] Gnash and NSPlugin comparison
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:44:22 -0700

Partha Bagchi wrote:

> Thanks for the new alpha 7.2 version of Gnash. There are still some
> issues namely the 100% resource utilization on my computer (dv8000z -
> AMD Turion 64, Fedora Core 6 x86_64,  2.6.18-1.2849.fc6). Some sites are
> still an issue. However, it looks to me like we are on the right track.

  I think this will be a problem until one of us on buys an AMD64
machine, and works on it daily. It's very difficult for us to track down
obscure bugs on a platform none of us have. Donations of equipment are
always appreciated. :-)

> I have done a review and compared with NSPlugin on my website
> (www.partha.com). Please feel free to send comments and any issues you

  Just as a question, did you also try a 32bit Gnash with nsplugin ? I'm
curious if it works any better. As you noted, sound does work, but video
doesn't yet. Working video will be in the next release, it's being
worked on in cvs, but isn't really functional yet.

        - rob -