Re: [Gnash] Time for a new tarball release?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Time for a new tarball release?
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:57:17 -0600

Tomas Groth wrote:

The sound broke because the gstreamer backend used a module which needed all
sound-data before playback started. This is "only" a problem with sound
streams, so event sounds should still work. The solution to the problem is
probably to use a different gstreamer module, which we will probably have to
write ourselves, or perhaps some changing in the way the code works will do...

I'm actually strongly debating using ffmpeg instead... We tried Gstreamer because it has a supposedly legit (with weird conditions) MP3 implementation, but as ffmpeg support FLV and VP5, it's potentially better for us. There is an ffmpeg module for Gstreamer too. I don't really have any knowledge of using ffmpeg, so maybe this wouldn't work, but I'm getting really tired of all the gripes about sound not working. the best solution to this is to just make it work...

Is this the antigrain backend?

That and/or Cairo, whichever is fully working first. :-) With Cairo, it can use openGL as a backend, so we'd still have that level of hardware acceleration if want it.

        - rob -