Re: [Gnash] Time for a new tarball release?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Time for a new tarball release?
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:15:15 -0600

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
The current gnash version seem to work a lot better than the last
tarball release.  Are there plans to wrap up a new tarball?

Yes, after we achieve a few goals, like getting sound working again.That broke when we started using a thread to load movies in the background, which was a major improvement to performance. While I wouldn't expect a new tarball in the next week or so, we are working towards this. We'd also like the next release to include the framebuffer backend as well, which is lurching into functionality...

A large list of bugs has been fixed since the last release, so it'd be good to make a new one so it can get into the distributions, which only release official releases, and not CVS snapshots.

        - rob -