Re: [Gnash] Gnash speed and free software

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash speed and free software
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:00:31 -0600

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> I had a quick look at that website. It is really an astounding piece
> of software (both the program and the drawing backend). I would love
> to see Gash with the Xara backend.

  I know little about Xara as well, but the demo program sure looks
nice. Gnash can support multiple backends, and although Xara isn't
finished yet (according to their web site), it looks like it probably
does have what Gnash would need. Coding an Xara backend obviously isn't
on the roadmap, and there are alot of other things we need to do with
Gnash as a higher priority. But I'd gladly except a patch (the Cairo
support was also a contribution) to use Xara instead of OpenGL. :-)

        - rob -