Re: [Gnash] How do you AMD64 guys get mozilla to see plugin

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash] How do you AMD64 guys get mozilla to see plugin
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:39:07 +0200

Rob Savoye wrote:
annonygmouse wrote:

Is there a way of tracing this in mozilla?

  If you build Firefox from source with "debug" enabled, you can get all
the output. This will also print any linking errors when the plugin is
loaded by a about:plugins or playing a movie.

I supose you meant "Mozilla" ;)
I tried, I used debbuild to generate the *.debs, with no success, it
outputs nothing more.

  That'd be nice, as I don't have access to an AMD64 system to track
this problem down myself. I'm hoping one of these days to borrow or buy
a cheap AMD64 system and load it up with a few distributions for
tracking down this sort of thing.

I can test it, but my knowledge of mozilla and c++ are weak. But if you
tell me (in a bit more guided way) what to do I'll gladly do it.

  If Mozilla doesn't see the plugin, then it's most always a problem
with dynamically linking the shared libraries.

Actually Mozilla DOES see the plugin, If I generate the plugin and open
mozilla, the SWF MIME gets registered as this gnash-db.log shows
22:33:29: PluginGetValue. Init
22:33:29: PluginGetValue. End
22:33:29: PluginGetValue. Init
22:33:29: PluginGetValue. End

And here's how I've modified the function to see what's going on internally.
NPError
NS_PluginGetValue(NPPVariable aVariable, void *aValue)
{
//    GNASH_REPORT_FUNCTION;

    NPError err = NPERR_NO_ERROR;

    dbglogfile.setVerbosity(2);
    dbglogfile << "PluginGetValue. Init " << endl;
    switch (aVariable) {
      case NPPVpluginNameString:
          *((char **)aValue) = PLUGIN_NAME;
          break;

      // This becomes the description field you see below the opening
      // text when you type about:plugins
      case NPPVpluginDescriptionString:
          *((char **)aValue) = (char *)description;
          break;

      case NPPVpluginNeedsXEmbed:
#ifdef HAVE_GTK2
          *((PRBool *)aValue) = PR_TRUE;
#else
          *((PRBool *)aValue) = PR_FALSE;
#endif
          break;
      case NPPVpluginTimerInterval:
      case NPPVpluginKeepLibraryInMemory:
      default:
          err = NPERR_INVALID_PARAM;
          break;
    }
    dbglogfile << "PluginGetValue. End " << endl;
//    GNASH_REPORT_RETURN;
    return err;
}

So the plugin is "reachable", but for some strange reason
NS_PluginInitialize()
never gets called and instead, NS_PluginShutdown()
gets called twice when running:
mozilla /home/jo/gnash/testsuite/movies.all/elvis.swf

as shows:
cat gnash-dbg.log
22:37:26: Plugin already shut down
22:37:35: Plugin already shut down

The first one appears when mozilla starts, the second when I close mozilla.

Any hint?
Kind regards.
SebastiĆ

___________________________________________________________ All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html