[Gnash] function tracing

From: pintoo chikhaliya
Subject: [Gnash] function tracing
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:00:37 +0000

I want to enable function tracing in gnash.

First of all, I tried to use Debugging API provided with Gnash. But it gives segementation fault.
Also I need to make changes in source code to enable/disable debugging.

Second method is to use GCC's -finstrument-functions to call particular functions
void __cyg_profile_func_enter( void *this, void *callsite )
{
/* Function Entry Address */
fprintf(fp, "E%p\n", (int *)this);
}

void __cyg_profile_func_exit( void *this, void *callsite )
{
/* Function Exit Address */
fprintf(fp, "X%p\n", (int *)this);
}

after immediately entering and before exiting our functions.
You can find more info on this link http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-graphvis/

Even though I follow all the steps mentioned in the article, the  function tracing does not work.

My questions are : Is someone using tracing mechanism in gnash or for linux based  development?

How can I instrument my one file  in all the source files?

Thanks a lot
Pintoo