Re: [Gnash] portability update

From: Richard Brooklyn
Subject: Re: [Gnash] portability update
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:57:20 +0000

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 18:21 -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Some of the
> tests could probably be improved still for all the weird behaviors still
> left, but I think it'll work for now for most people.

Great work. I can now finally compile gnash on my amd64-linux platform.
Firefox doesn't 'see' the gnash plugin, even after restarting it, but I
understand that the plugin is under heavy development right now.

I can use the gnash standalone player to play a couple of flash movies
such as the one from www.badgerbadgerbadger.com, the quality of the
lines is a little 'blocky', and there is a bit of corruption, and no
sound, but given this hasn't even had a release yet, it's pretty good to
see it working.

I did try one flash game, which just got stuck at loading (and very
briefly showed the main opening screen before getting stuck again).

But yeah, it compiles, which is great as I can now follow the CVS and
help with testing.