Re: [Gnash] build lab ?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash] build lab ?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:03:18 -0800

Sourceforge seems to have the most accessible "Compile Farm" I've found
so far:

  http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=762&group_id=1

...though I'm sure there are more compile farms around than this one.

Here's a GCC team compile farm that's recently been set up, but for
free x86 build cycles rather than diversity of machines:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm

Here's a very nice system used by PostgreSQL for automated builds.  I
think Mozilla had/has a similar system (Tinderbox?).  It's pretty
surprising that nobody offers such a shared-use compiler farm set up
with this kind of automation:

  http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

Yep, it's Tinderbox:

  http://www.mozilla.org/tinderbox.html
  http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=SeaMonkey

I wonder if Sourceforge would appreciate it if you got the free
Tinderbox2 software working on Sourceforge's Compile Farm.  That would
let you, and lots of other folks, automate their tests.  It should
probably queue builds, rather than do them immediately after a
checkin, once a bunch of projects on the same machines use it.

OSDL has the "Scalable Test Platform", but it looks like it's designed
to boot new Linux kernels and run massive test/benchmark suites against
them:

  http://developer.osdl.org/dev/stp/FAQ.html
  http://developer.osdl.org/dev/stp/

        John