[Gnash] gnash always runs into assertion

From: Guido Ostkamp
Subject: [Gnash] gnash always runs into assertion
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:15:14 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

the following should go as bug report to gnash developers, but the bug email-address did not work. Finally, after hours, I got access to this list, so I'm sending it here:

I compiled and installed gnash from the current CVS version.

Whenever I try to play a flashmovie, gnash immediately exits with the
following message:

$ ./gnash /tmp/gnomine2.swf
gnash: styles.cpp:99: void gnash::fill_style::read(gnash::stream*, int,
gnash::movie_definition_sub*): Assertion `num_gradients >= 1 &&
num_gradients <= 8' failed.
Aborted

An short example video is available from this location (use wget etc. to
download):
<http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/gnomine2.swf>

The files all play fine in the original standalone Macromedia Flash Player for Linux (executable 'gflashplayer'), available at <http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flash/updates/mx/player6/install_flash_p layer_6_r79_linux_sa.tar.gz> or with Flashplayer 7 plugin for Mozilla.

The files were created with vnc2swf Screen recorder (see
<http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf>).

Could you please fix that bug?

Thanks & best regards,

Guido Ostkamp