Re: [Gnash-dev] ENABLE_AVM2

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ENABLE_AVM2
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:25:59 +0100

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 05:44:45PM +0800, Zhonghua Zhu wrote:
> When I am building gnash with make CXXFLAGS="-g -DENABLE_AVM2", there is a
> error.
>
> VM::getMachine doesn't define.
>
> So I googled about "gnash enable avm2", I find something says that gnash
> isn't going to support avm2 anymore.
>
> Half of the reason is the current avm2 design flaw, the other half is the
> lightspark project.
>
> Is that true?

All true. The other half is lack of resources to resurrect
the AVM2 code (so we get to 150% accuracy :P)

Anyway, if you want to test it, it should be possible to get it
back from the git history.

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt