Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube using SWF10 today

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube using SWF10 today
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:24:58 -0600

On 03/23/10 09:16, strk wrote:

> Easiest is probably looking at the npapi/plugin.cpp code as all it
> does is spawning the standalone.
>
> The proof of concept would be to export GNASH_PLAYER=/usr/local/bin/lightspark
> in the browser environment and see it magically work.

  Actually, while a command line interface is a good start, it's not
really sufficient. For one thing, this would only work for sites that
you knew before hand were v10. Gnash doesn't know the version of the swf
file until after it's been started, so that's where a tighter
integration would be required. Ideally if lightspark has a v10 file
LocalConnection in Gnash does work, so that would be one way of
communicating.

  At this point, I'm not sure of the best way for Gnash and Lightspark
to work together, but think it's a good idea that we figure this out.:-)

        - rob -