[Gnash-dev] Re: Configure the browser plugin to not print messages to st

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Configure the browser plugin to not print messages to stdout/stderr?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 17:16:15 +0100

[Rob Savoye]
> That's two releases behind, 0.8.6 being the most current. You might
> want to grab one of my Debian snapshots from getgnash.org and see if
> it's still a problem.

I'm giving it a go no.

The front page on getgnash.org did not mention that the packages are
available for Debian.  I initially feared I had to try to get Ubuntu
packages working.  Luckily there are packages for Debian Lenny.  I
tested them, and they seem to fail completely. Found this message in
~/.xsession-errors:

  /usr/bin/gtk-gnash: error while loading shared libraries:
    libgnashnet.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    directory

LDD show that several libraries are not found:

  % ldd /usr/bin/gtk-gnash|grep not
        libgnashnet.so.0 => not found
        libgnashsound-trunk-20090313.so => not found
        libgnashnet.so.0 => not found
        libgnashsound-trunk-20090313.so => not found
  %

When installing the packages, I ran into problem because these
versions of klash and gnash can't be installed in parallell (which
work with the Debian packages).  This make it impossible to install
the konqueror and firefox plugin at the same time.

Anyway, there is hope of having 0.8.4 fixed in Lenny, so we might
continue with that for now.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen