Re: [Gnash-dev] how to run standalone or make a wrapper?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] how to run standalone or make a wrapper?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:30:58 -0700

On 12/17/09 09:22, Dmitry Shalnoff wrote:

that was prepared package form here
http://www.getgnash.org/packages/releases/openmoko/ and there is
0.8.1 version only

  0.8.1 is seriously ancient. I thought OpenMoko was a dead project ?

I would like to try build gnash on OM platform by myself on weekend,
but I never did it before ... suppouse that won't be easy for
newbie.

Hard to say. This page: http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Building_on_OpenMoko is also out of date. Their may be a newer bbfile in OpenEmbedded, if so, that'll make it easy. When I was doing OpenMoko builds, I ignore the bbfile nonsense, and just did traditional cross-compiling, which Gnash has good support for.

but I can't found any links or other examples. May be I just don't
understand something trivial, but, how can I use it?. If I right
understand, I need some extra GTK library for that, which I can't
found.

The Python/GTK widget is being used for Sugar, so I'd guess there are example in that. It's a new feature, included in 0.8.6 for the first time.

that was first idea :) doesn't work (at least on 0.8.1 version)

  Right, more reasons to use a newer Gnash,

        - rob -