Re: [Gnash-dev] how to run standalone or make a wrapper?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] how to run standalone or make a wrapper?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:05:20 -0700

On 12/15/09 08:50, Dmitry Shalnoff wrote:

I'm designer/ActionScript developer and I'm trying to make interactive
GUI/game for OpenMoko by using AS. gnash perfectly installs on the
device (and even show more-less nice performance), but I stuck in a

Just as a question, did you install Gnash from an ancient ipk package (the current release is 0.9.6), or built it yourself from source ?

Anyway now I think that will be better to use pythin for that (becouse
python preistalled on OM and not necessary to compile anything). But, in
any case, I never have a deal with python too. And my experiments
finished also unsuccessfully.

Gnash also has support to function as a python or GTK widget (donated to us by Sugar Labs), so that's an option too. Course that just lets you render swf files in a window.

I know, that gnash was created as a GUI platform for embeded system. So,
maybe somebody just show me a little trick for running my swf in
standalone windowed/windowless/fullscreen mode? some python wrapper or
something like that?

  Try "gnash --fullscreen" with the standalone player. :-)

        - rob -