Re: [Gnash-dev] Subclassing and Method execution in debug log

From: Torsten Schlabach
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Subclassing and Method execution in debug log
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:36:06 +0200

Hi Benjamin!

> Yes, exactly this is a problem with AVM2 at present. As far as I can
> tell there are no problems with AS3 parsing, but constructing classes
> is not working correctly. One reason is the fact that the function
> call never happens at present,

Which function call?

> but I will be fixing this and adding more
> debugging once trunk builds again.

Did you have a chance to? Would it be worth trying again?

I would also be very much interested in helping out a bit when it comes
to finding the problems and possibly contributing some coding. My
problem is just, I am lacking a start point.

Like in this case:

- Is there anything in writing as to how AS3 is represented in memory
after parsing?
- What would be the entry point into the VM?

I think it will be easier to find contributors if contributing would be
a bit easier.

Regards,
Torsten