Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:30:04 -0600

Andrea Palmatè wrote:

> uhm, didn't know this. I was sure that on Linux it was highly optimized.
> That's
> sound strange to me

 I meant the Gnash code that uses Cairo. It was donated partly finished,
and nobody has really beat it into good shape.

> Thank you very much. in the meanwhile i've created some small patches but i
> think that most lines included in this patches can be removed.
> Nothing related the GUI at moment but only thos patches that i'm sure will
> remain there forever.. :)
> I mean all regards the #include <netinet/in.h>
> it should not broke nothing on linux but are needed on os4. that's strange
> that
> you use <arpa/inet.h>.
> It's the first time i've seen it in a linux port

  It's for htons(). That's the default location for the byte swapping
macros these days.

  Hum, I usually prefer to not fill things up with "#ifdef
__amigaos4__", but there may be no choice, I'll look into it. Most of
files with patches are mine, so and deal with networking, so I'll see if
I can clean them up some. I just did some changes for mingw32 that
should help. (yes, Gnash cross compiles with mingw32 again as of revno
10817)

  Is it possible to run AmigaOS4 under emulation ?

        - rob -