Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash performance-improved issue

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash performance-improved issue
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 06:07:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Aix wrote:

Before I also ask you about skia render issue. You give a page (http://www.gnashdev.org/?q=node/57). After reading this page, I also don't know skia performance compare with Cairo and Agg. Does bjacques try to integrate skia to the gnash? If not, can you help to estimate the effort? (2 months/ per person)

At the time I did write a trivial renderer for Gnash, but I haven't had
the time to do something useful with it. The amount of time it takes
depends on how familiar you are with both Gnash and Skia (and rendering
libraries in general). If you're working full-time, I think two months
is a reasonable period to get a nicely working renderer implemented.

Bastiaan