Re: [Gnash-dev] Interesting swf application (musical theory)

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Interesting swf application (musical theory)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:20:07 +0100

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:04:26AM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> What do you mean by LoadableObject functionality? The actual loading
> could well be handled by movie_root, as the Timer and threading method
> is hopelessly wrong (as well as ugly) - events are wrongly timed at the
> moment and impossible to control as needed.

Agreed, I just meant the loading itself should be moved up as a service.
Possibly moving toward an hosting application service.

The latest findings are:

        1) getBytesTotal() and getBytesLoaded() just return the value of
           _bytesTotal and _bytesLoaded (loosly typed, tested with
XML.prototype.*).

        2) load() loads and calls onData for objects, but not for movieclips,
           this could be due to the fact that is not 'load' itself calling
onData
           but rather maybe calls a virtual progress (or completion) handler
which
           defaults to calling onData and is overridden by MovieClip to don't
do that.

 //mcref = createEmptyMovieClip('mc', 1);
 mcref = {};
 trace(typeof(mcref));
 mcref.load = XML.prototype.load;
 mcref.load("test.xml");
 mcref.onData = function() { trace('orig mc onData called with args:
'+arguments); };
 mcref.onData('test');

--strk;

 GIS & Flash consultant/developer           ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!