Re: [Gnash-dev] experimental Firefox XPI

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] experimental Firefox XPI
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:56:26 -0600

Craig Kelley wrote:

It installs for me (Firefox 3.0.1), but the about:plugins does not
show it, and Flash websites direct me to install the plugin.

Yes, it seems the plugin needs to be in the plugins directory, even if it's a "fake" extension. I believe I can do that with the install file, but I'll have to dig into it. I also had to set GNASH_PLAYER, so the right gnash executable would be used. To fix this is what led me to starting adding XPCOM support this weekend.

I can, however, see it in the list of add-ons.

  At least I got part of it right. :-)

        - rob -