[Gnash-dev] experimental Firefox XPI

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] experimental Firefox XPI
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 08:44:25 -0600

I'd appreciate it if somebody else could test this XPI file:
http://www.getgnash.org/updates/Linux_x86-gcc4/gnash.xpi. I discovered recently it's possible to package a plugin as an extension, and so decided to try it since having the plugin update itself would be very useful. That way we can update Gnash between releases if for example, YouTube updates their media player, and won't work with an old Gnash.

Anyway, for me, this installs correctly and works just fine. It's a bit huge, as this wasn't stripped, and isn't an optimized build, and has *everything* statically linked in. I just want to make sure it works. Don't forget to nuke your existing libgnashplugin.so file first.

        - rob -