Re: [Gnash-dev] remoting

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] remoting
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:13:38 -0600

strk wrote:

- We need to distinguish between 404 (not found) and empty responses
  from HTTP. IOChannel still has a get_error() method which may be
  used, or we may use the exception interface. If we opt for the latter
  we should catch on every read. What do other devels think about it ?

Don't worry about it. When I merge libnet into Gnash to add RTMP support, all the I/O handling will change. This is basically a quick a dirty implementation to get the open street editor working, which needed simple remoting support. Libnet also supports it's own HTTP code (client side and server side), so eventually it'll replace libcurl.

- A different approach might be using a thread (a single thread for
  each NetConnection used for remoting). In this case we'd have the thread
  using blocking reads (which would select() internally).

  Which libnet does.

        - rob -