[Gnash-dev] XVideo Patch

From: Craig Kelley
Subject: [Gnash-dev] XVideo Patch
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:59:58 -0600

Hello Gnash developers;

Here's a first go at XVideo with the GTK+ gui:

http://www.xmission.com/~ink/gnash/gnash-xvideo/

This is against the 0.8.3 CVS branch from today (2008-05-20).

It *shouldn't* require ffmpeg as the libmedia backend, but it does use
libswscale from ffmpeg to do colorspace conversion (some hardware
adapters like ATI only support planar YUV acceleration).  I've had
issues with the gstreamer backend and this patch (floating point
exception) -- perhaps because gst also includes its own FFMPeg.  If
anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  It would be great to use
gstreamer's colorspace conversion, but that would require gst
appsource/sink, which is in plugins-ugly at the moment.

I've been successful playing SWF's at 1600x1200 fullscreen with about
20% system load (2.8Ghz Pentium 4).  The user can specify dimensions
like this:

gtk-gnash -j w:w' -k h:h'

where w,h are renderer dimensions, and w',h' are window dimensions
(scaled by hardware).

If w' and h' are left out, the behavior is the same as gnash w/o
acceleration.  If w and h are both zero, it lets the SWF chose the
starting dimensions.  The fullscreen parameter lets the SWF choose the
renderer dimensions and then uses hardware to blow it up to full
screen.  Mouse events are translated by the GUI transparently.

The GUI looks for an RGB-accelerated Xv port because that is the
"native" format for AGG at the moment.  If it cannot find one, then it
will resort to colorspace conversion in software with ffmpeg (first
with a packed 16bpp format, then the planar 12bpp formats).

I haven't tested it with a wide variety of SWF files.  I haven't
tested with nsapi.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

  -Craig

--
http://inconnu.islug.org/~ink finger address@hidden for PGP block