Re: [Gnash-dev] ~/.gnashpluginrc

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ~/.gnashpluginrc
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:25:11 -0400

Benjamin Wolsey writes:
 > If there's an elegant and unobtrusive way to specify the file to be
 > written, it's easy to implement in the GUIS. But it would be annoying
 > (particularly for the sort of person who uses the GUI to save
 > preferences) to have to choose a filename every time, which is why I'm
 > quite happy with writing to the last file parsed by default (not system
 > files).

There's two options: allow the user to select the file, or if there's
a "right" thing to do, then do that.

If we want to allow the user to select the file, then we should give
them a radio button list of potential files.  Grey out the ones that
they can't write to.  Select the last one per bwy's suggestion to use
the last one.

If we search for .rc filename in the order of specificness, then I
agree that writing the last one is the correct thing to do.  When
would anybody object to that?

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software