Re: [Gnash-dev] ~/.gnashpluginrc

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ~/.gnashpluginrc
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:51:42 +0200

> Is updateFile the "save" feature ?

Yes.

> If so I think it should be up to the user to tell what should be the
> file to write to.

There are two alternatives in RcFile: updateFile(const std::string&
filespec), which saves to the specified filename, and updateFile(),
which writes to the file specified in GNASHRC (or at least it used to)
or, if none give, to .gnashrc.

If there's an elegant and unobtrusive way to specify the file to be
written, it's easy to implement in the GUIS. But it would be annoying
(particularly for the sort of person who uses the GUI to save
preferences) to have to choose a filename every time, which is why I'm
quite happy with writing to the last file parsed by default (not system
files).