[Gnash-dev] About Buttons

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] About Buttons
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:03:57 +0200

Found the culprit of bug #22904 being in ::getBounds not checking
merging bounds of multiple active characters.
It's fixed locally and I'll commit shortly.

Still, I can see many untested and probably wrong things.
In particular:

        - The comparison between old and new active characters
          triggering a set_invalidated call is bogus. set_invalidated
          would still be called if any newly active character was
          not in the old active character list, or if number of newly
          active characters is smaller then old active characters...

        - Not currently active characters are still advanced. So if
          a sprite active on mouse over consists of a moving thing,
          the thing would keep moving while still not visible, and
          all frame actions of that character would still be executed
          (would that be correct?). As a side-effect, when these
          not-currently-active characters get invalidated the button
          gets child-invalidated too.

        - The generic get_active_characters() method includes a check
          for the "HIT" character, which I belive should never
          displayed if its only state is "HIT".

For this reason, an automated testcase for the situations above would be
highly welcome. Any volunteer ?