[Gnash-dev] Re: fscommand and plugin

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: fscommand and plugin
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:07:14 +0200

Hello strk,

s> I just committed a patch to deal with this, but need more info about
s> what it means to be "defined" or "undefined" command...

With "defined" I meant those commands that have specific meanings for
Flash (see the manual link in my earlier post), like "quit" or
"fullscreen".

s> Question is, *after* we send the INVOKE request, should we still try
s> to satisfy the fscommand request or we should consider it delegated
s> to the hosting app ?

It seems that fscommand() *always* invokes the JS handler and *never*
has any effect for Flash itself. Only standalone player handles
fscommand internally. Would like anyone else to confirm this, though.

s> In particular, if we want 'fullscreen', 'Mouse.hide' etc to work,

Mouse.hide is a fscommand!?

s> Sounds very confusing on second read, if you're lost, please just tell me
s> if 'fscommand:fullscreen'  is supposed to work from the plugin :)

fscommand("fullscreen", true) has no visual effect for the plugin.

Udo