[Gnash-dev] fscommand and plugin

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] fscommand and plugin
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:31:25 +0200

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 02:25:02PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> BW> That would be mymovie_DoFsCommand(quit, ...), of course - like other
> fscommand.
>
> Ah, ok, that's what confused me :)
> Yes, also "quit" is sent like any other undefined command to
> JavaScript.

I just committed a patch to deal with this, but need more info about
what it means to be "defined" or "undefined" command...

My patch adds an 'INVOKE' request to the gnash-to-hostingapp protocol,
and always send that request when the connection exists (this is
the case in the npapi plugin).

Question is, *after* we send the INVOKE request, should we still try
to satisfy the fscommand request or we should consider it delegated
to the hosting app ?

In particular, if we want 'fullscreen', 'Mouse.hide' etc to work,
either we keep parsing internally *in addition* to sending request out
for simplicity, or the hosting app will need to figure out the
request and signal back to us (which we currently don't even support).

PS:

Sounds very confusing on second read, if you're lost, please just tell me
if 'fscommand:fullscreen'  is supposed to work from the plugin :)