Re[2]: AW: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 target date?

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: AW: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 target date?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:42:14 +0200

Hello strk,

Friday, April 4, 2008, 10:12:29 AM, you wrote:
s> We have a bare gnash-to-plugin communication protocol now.
s> Only implemented command is GETURL ... but does work with javascript: urls
s> so might be used to call javascript functions as well (which is how
s> I saw it used, never with fscommand...)

When there is a xxxx_FSCommand (IE) on that page (with xxxx being the
movie name/id) or xxxx_DoFSCommand respectively (Mozilla), then that
function can be called via FSCommand() and receives command and
parameters.

Internet Explorer only works with the xxxx_FSCommand version being
implemented in VBScript(!), but that doesn't matter for Gnash.

Basically these are the same:

fscommand("say", "hello);

getURL("javasript:mymoviename_FSCommand('say','hello')");

AFAIK, fsCommand is the preferred way to communicate with JavaScript.
The getURL trick is used mostly to bypass some Flash security
restrictions...

For an example see
http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/flashcalljs/index.html

Udo