Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:39:43 +0100

Hello strk,

Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 8:52:33 AM, you wrote:
s> We can produce all weird cases with Ming, ready to give them a try ?
s> Also, the testcase you attached was malformed too, I guess your new
s> implementation fails in that case.

I does not fail (used a similar shape for testing), since it defines
the left fill style for a line that goes upwards. The implementation
checks the other side.

However, I agree that it is not optimal. The implementation should
work as well reversed but would fail in that case.

I still wonder why the line has a fill style at all (it is a subshape,
right?).

s> I just tested with revision 1.44 of shape_character_def, and the above
s> works fine (while it fails with your new implementation).

The new implementation works with most files I tested (including some
very complex graphics with a few hundred paths), so in the sum it
should be better. But ok, it should work in any case.

Do we have any document exactly describing shapes so we can avoid
false assumptions?

Udo